Thursday, July 31, 2008

I caught Ryan a few days ago pulling the books off of the shelf. He now loves to see how many books he can get off before getting in trouble. Earlier this evening he was standing there with his hand on the books staring at me and Tom and if either of us said no he would laugh and do it again. He doesn't seem to care much for reading the books, just tossing them on the ground. I guess we'll work on the actual purpose of books later.



And just because I like this picture I am adding it for your enjoyment. It shows off his new hairstyle (the shortest he has ever been) and is my new favorite picture of him. He was blowing spit bubbles! And yes my baby is a genius, he figured out the joy of spit bubbles without any help from me, Whitney, or Tom. Talk about prodigy!

8 comments:

Brad, Adrienne, McKenna, Bryn, and Lauren said...

So cute! Looks like he has grown a cm. Love the hair.

...for all eternity said...

What a stinker! But cute nonetheless!

Audrey said...

He really has changed tons in such a short amount of time. I love that kissable face!! I wish I was closer to take advantage of those cheeks.

GrandMOM said...

Hey Tom, remember Jacob Esplin's little sister? Now you have your own little mess maker and a defiant one at that. Take heart Jess - it is part of their development. It was those kinds of things that kept me skinny back then - I called them toe touches. Good thing we have our kids when we are young. It's harder for Grandmas. Besides he is too-o-o cute to do anything else but pick them up and kiss him.

Oh and by the way that is the next step of his learning. Teaching him to put them back (If you haven't already it might be time to remove some of your special books that you want to stay nice.) Love you and hang in there, you're learning how strong of a spirit he really is and needs to be.

jenn said...

jess.. your kids are adorable! (: i am so glad that you said hi the other day in the store!... i should be better at keeping in touch! (:

Rivka said...

Reading through osmosis...it's how all the greats start!

carol said...

i love his haircut! and spit bubbles at such an early age. WOW. He'll be onto gum before you know it!! :)

Nield Fam said...

That is the cutest picture ever! Did you know TOm and Ryan snuck over and stopped by the other night? It was a great surprise. We miss ya, stop in sometime.