Sunday, November 16, 2008

Halloween

So it took me a while to get my pictures uploaded but I finally have them posted. We had our Trunk or Treat on the Wednesday before Halloween and then we went real trick or treating on Halloween. I was a little concerned that we would not get very far because last year Whitney went to two houses and then was done. But we were blessed with extremely warm weather (no coat required) and Whitney understood that each house meant another piece of candy. Ryan caught on very quickly and was much more enthusiastic about getting to the next house. We actually didn't get that far but she got a lot of candy. We went to one house that had a lot of decorations. There was a grave yard and multiple life sized figures including a motion sensored man that took off is face to reveal his skull. I'll admit that it would be scary to a young kid. After getting her up there to get a treat she turn around and said, "Get me out of here mom!" On our way to the next house she said that she never wanted to go to that house again even next year. I laughed and told her we would come anyway because my dad made me go to a scary house every year. Adee will remember this house. It was the red house next to the Meyers. I believe it was Mr. Gladwin and he always answered the door in a scary mask. I remember trying to skip the house and protest to Dad but he would always say while waving his hand, "It's just Mr. Gladwin, just go up there." I don't remember if his candy was spectacular I only remember being afraid of what answered the door. So because it is another peice of candy and so Whitney will have a similar memory we will go every year, besides it is just Mr. Miner.

I would love to hear some of your own Halloween memories.


Whitney was a bat cat. She was originally a cat but became a bat cat when she added a sparkly black scarf as wings to her outfit. I originally thought she was just very clever not to mention fashionable, but after reading Carol's post I found out that Lola from Charlie and Lola was a bat cat. Apparently she got the idea from TV.

Here is Ryan demonstrating to Dad what happens when we say trick or treat.


I am pretty sure I have a similar picture of Whitney with a sucker on her 2nd Halloween too. It is on another computer so I'll have to look it up.

His mane was on for a fraction of a second, just long enough for this picture. Lucky for him he has his own mane.

This was Whitney right before trick or treating. She wore her costume most of the day and was plum tuckered out while I was making dinner. I woke her up at 530 so we could go. I knew she would be so sad if she slept through trick or treating and I wouldn't have very much candy to steal if we had gotten started any later.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

My Halloween memory is a dream I had that time of year. It was night time and I heard noises on the roof. I got up to look out my window and saw the "mean older neighborhood boy" jumping from house to house. He would then access each house through the chimney's and steal all the kids' halloween candy. I remember being TERRIFIED of him coming to our house. Back then, it was a REALLY scary dream. I still remember it very clearly.