Thursday, December 11, 2008

Benedict Mom

Ryan has always been known for his hansom locks. Anywhere we go people comment on his hair. The challenge with being born needing a hair cut is that you have to have it cut frequently. We started hair cuts at 2 months and have had them about every two months. Now that he is more aware it has become a more complicated process. Because of this we have not cut his hair for about 5 months. Our last hair cut was in July and we went super short. Unfortunately today was hair cut day. This happens to be his least favorite day of all days even worse than vaccine day. Shots are over in a few seconds while the hair cut takes at least 5 minutes.

Liz is so wonderful to cut it even though he screams the entire time. I only have before and after pictures because it takes two of us for the actual cut. I have to restrain him while Liz cuts. He cried the entire time and looked at me like I was a traitor. He treated me as such when it was over. He has held a grudge pretty much the entire night. He has only wanted Tom all afternoon and evening. If I try to pick him up he cries and reaches for Tom. If Tom leaves the room he whines and runs after him. (This actually turned out to be beneficial when his diaper needed changing.) I am sure he will forget about it by tomorrow, but we will relive this scenario in 2 months.

I will admit that he looks super cute with it longer. But he just doesn't like having it combed and bed head all day is unacceptable. I combed it right before the picture. It did not look like this 3 hours later when we went to get it cut. It was a little disheveled.


2 comments:

Audrey said...

I've yet to give Dylan his "first haircut" and know that when it comes...he'll act just like his brothers do. He looks cute with it long and short.

Alisha said...

SUPER CUTE. He looks like a mini Tom with brown hair.