Sunday, January 11, 2009

TaVaci Concert

So I should have posted these a month ago but it took me a while to download the pictures. Whitney had her winter concert last month. They sang Christmas songs as well as a few winter songs. As always she did amazing. She is one of the few kids that knows the words and the actions. She usually does them right with or before her teacher.

My favorite song was about ice fishing. I especially love the chorus: "What are we doing here on this frozen lake, what are we doing here it is a big mistake...." It is a really catchy tune and is exactly how I would feel about ice fishing. Tom went ice fishing this past month and from his comments it sounds like this is how he feels about ice fishing too.

















The best part of the entire program was at the end when a surprise visitor came. Whitney has not been very keen on the whole Santa thing. Our first picture of her with Santa was when she was 10 months old and she screamed during the entire process. Ever since then I have not been able to get her to come even close, let alone talk to Santa. Last year any time we went to the mall after October she would not walk by the area he was in and she would cry at my legs until I carried her past. Then all through January if we were going to the store I had to promise her that he was not there. This year when we saw him I asked if she wanted to talk to him and she said, "Mom, listen, I just don't want to talk to that guy." (We wrote him a letter).

So when he arrived at the concert her look of terror was hilarious. (Yes, I am a rotten mom.) The picture doesn't quite give it justice, she moved back each time he got closer. All the other kids were excited and she was not sure if she should be terrified or give in to peer pressure. Peer pressure won and after all the other kids (and I mean all the other kids) sat on his lap she stood next to him to ask if he got her letter and then stood by him for a picture.














I also took this moment to get Little Buddy's picture with Santa since his dad pansied out and wouldn't put him on his lap at the ward Christmas party because he started to cry. You just can't fake this look.

No comments: