You know you have a true friend when you have a big booger on your nose and she tells you about it so you don't look disgusting. Or when you have something in your teeth she will let you know. So in blog land this would then extend to letting your friend know when she has said something completely different than what she meant because she misspelled a word or used another in its place on accident. This neat program does have spell check but it does not check your grammar. My last post was titled "Bugger power". It is spelled correctly but the term bugger generally implys dissatisfaction. What I meant to say was Booger Power, which according to webster is "a piece of dried nasal mucus", or in our case a slimy one.
Although booger is not one of the most commonly misspelled words in the English language, I still managed to screw it up and put an explitive in its place. You can check out the top 100 misspelled words here! So in the future I request that you all tell me when I have made a blogging blunder!! Rather than read the post and move on please let me know so I don't continue to look stupid! Note: This does not imply to my crazy use of commas (I can't help it, I like to use them) or puncuation in general. Just when I have used a word in error thinking it is another.
I forgive you all this time. But remember, if you had a big green booger on your nose, I would tell you. I would even tell you when you misspelled it!
3 comments:
Ah, don't be mad! Everybody spells booger different. Believe me, I know about booger. Some people spell it buger, booger, bouger. I just thought you liked to spell it that way. But it makes me feel better that it was a mistake because sometimes I go back and read my posts and wonder how anyone even knew what I was talking about. Me not so good with grammar and puncteeaation.
I did notice Jess. I just thought you were an idiot. Ha ha ha. Oh I'm laughing pretty hard right now. If it makes you feel better I will totally call you out on all of your mispellings. I'll go review your blog right now.
So, part of the problem with reading quickly (I brag...) is that you focus more on the context and not on actual words. I totally missed this. My apologies for letting you down with my exceptional reading speed. Bugger. It won't happen again!
Post a Comment