Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years

I had a wonderful birthday. Tom had stayed up the night before to fix the water heater so I was able to have a nice long shower. When I went out to the kitchen I saw that he had done the dishes too! (They were still there from the day before on account of the lack of water. I swear this was the reason!) On the counter were 29 roses. Thanks for making my birthday wish come true, no dishes. Absolutely wonderful.

Whitney made me a beautiful birthday cake. She and Grandma made a barbie cake with a pretty white dress laced with raspberries. It was delicious. Whitney was so excited to stay up all night. Not that we did anything amazing but we had a good time just being together. I told her about when I was her age. Adrienne had stayed up the year before until midnight and said that she had watched the big apple fall. I was so excited for the next year. I remember watching out the front window for a big apple. Boy was I disappointed when I found out it was only a big metal 1986 covered in lights. Talk about anticlimactic!! Either Adee didn't mention that she watched it on TV at 10pm or I just didn't hear that part. Places I would like to be on my birthday in the future: Paris, London, Hawaii, and Mexico.

For my birthday Ryan wore my favorite shirt. It says "voted most likely to be amazing" He looked super cute in it. He took some convincing, but he did leave it on all day. No jammies, trains or dinosaurs, I appreciate his sacrifice.

We had a nice snow fall New Years eve so we spent the next day sledding. (It doesn't look like a lot of snow because the weeds on the hillside were so long.) Whitney had a great time. Ryan went down three times but was not the biggest fan. I think I ruined it the first time for him because I went on a part that was not packed down yet so the snow was all over his face. We had good time and will surely do it again. We are going to build a small hill in our backyard for everyday fun when we can't get to the big hill.








Whitney wanted to make sure that I got this picture on the blog. She hit a hole and went flying. This is her after she had landed on her face and flipped over at least once.

No picture of my race with Tom but just know that I won!

2 comments:

GrandMOM said...

Look like so much fun. Whitney you did wonderful for falling off and slidding on down the hill. Nice picture of your "crash".
I'm glad that you had a great birthday and a fun New Years Celebration. It so is an inconvenience when a water heater goes out. Cool showers are NO FUN! And boiling water takes such a long time. I think that it is wonderful that Tom did those wonderful things for you. He always was good with the flowers. Again since we didn't get you in person on your birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JESSICA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Love MOM
It has been a couple of years since I have been sledding. If I'm lucky, I can join you on another day!

Audrey said...

Tom, take note: Paris, London, Hawaii, Mexico!

And if you need a third wheel, I'd be happy to obliged.

Love Ryan's red little freezing nose pic and Whitney my dear...You crash most beautifully!

Love you!