Monday, March 22, 2010

Green money, scripture cookies and more!

Ryan is now 2 1/2. He is so funny he is talking a lot more and says the funniest things. Last week it was so nice outside that we played in the back yard all day for three days in a row! He liked climbing the "tree apple". He also loves money, especially the green kind (Grandpa is usually the only one that gives him green money, Tom and I stick with silver and copper)!! He constantly asks me for his "piggy money". He likes to count it, well dump it out and put it back in the pig. He and Whitney earned money over at my mom and dad's house last week so we went to the dollar store so each of them could get something. Ryan bought a toy rifle. I was surprised that he was okay giving away his money but apparently it was okay to part with it for a gun. Tom is so proud!

Note: They earned money at Grandpa's house because of the above mentioned fact that I give out silver and copper and he gives out green! Whitney needed to earn a $1 for a book she wanted to buy. I offered to pay her to do some chores. She told me, "No, I'll go over to Grandma's they pay better." And it was proved all she has to do was clean up her previous mess and she earned $3.

A few weeks ago we made scripture cookies. Whitney insisted that everyone wear aprons. Lucky for us we had an apron from Remy. Ryan looks so cute with this hat that we had to take his picture. They were so helpful with the process!! I remember making scripture cookies when I was a kid, but I definitely did not remember what a messy recipe it was. Of course we sat at the table and found the ingredients while my mom was in the kitchen doing the actual cooking. The finished product turned out great and the kids had a good time.



As always the favorite part is licking the beaters. Now that I have two kids that can actually lick them clean I felt a little left out!! Poor me. I guess I could always tell them that they could get sick so I can lick it instead when their not looking! I might try that next time.


It has been a little warmer but not much. Whitney really wanted to wear shorts to school. When she came out of her room I had to laugh. She insisted that I did not make her change.

Here's a close up for your viewing pleasure. She said she needed the socks to keep her legs warm. Yes, she did go to school like this. Why, because one day she will be too mortified to go in public like that! Until then I'll let her explore her own style.

Fortunately, Ryan did not dig the outfit. We'll see if he gets any fashion sense once I stop dressing him!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

What are scripture cookies? Never heard of them.

Whit. I LOVE the socks. At least they were white and matched the shirt.

Could you get an application from your mom and dad. I think I'd like to "work" there. :o)

Carolyn said...

I do not understand my parents pay scale. I clean up my previous mess I get good job those two clean up there previous mess they get money.... Something is fishy about that I think I will call the better business bureau.

Tiffany said...

Ryan is a super cute chef! I share his love of counting money! However, it is a little more difficult for me to part with it.

Whitney, you obviously take after your mom. Your fashion sense is truly blossoming.