Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Remodeling Project

*****UPDATE*****
For those of you that are curious the stove is no longer with us. I will give you a more detailed update on the remodeling project at a later date.

We are about to begin a remodeling project. We are remodeling our living room. Tom and I are having an issue on the item pictured at left. Tom wants the stove to stay. I want it to leave. Tom and I have very different communication styles because of this I felt it a good idea to present in writing the reasons I feel it should go. This will allow me to give all of my reasons (I would have anyway) and will allow Tom ample time to refute my arguments. (without me getting frustrating waiting for him to respond) So here they are.

1. In the 4 1/2 years we have lived here we have not once used it.

2. Because we have not used it the gas company took away our ability to use it. If we wanted to use anything with gas we would have to pay to have them come back out and bring back the thing that was on the side of our house that they removed.

3. It requires electricity to use. In the event of an emergency we would use the wood stove downstairs not this one.

4. It is ugly, just collects dust, and takes up much needed space in our small living room. Because we don't use it and we won't use it the only purpose for this stove happens to be decorative and it doesn't do that job very well.

As you can see this is an ugly, useless piece that takes up valuable space in the living room and needs to leave. I am sure there is someone out there that could use it and would probably buy it from us so we could even make money on the deal!!

Tom you may now rebuttal.

9 comments:

Audrey said...

Sorry Tom, I'm going with Jess on this one. I understand why you would want to keep it, but for the sake of much needed space and ugliness, cut the ties you have to it and put a smile on your wifes face and sell it!

Alisha said...

Get rid of it. Space is worth so much more than any decorative item. If Tom wants to keep it, he can store it next to his side of the bed.

So I am excited and curious for the project. Are you getting rid of the mirror-wall? Did you get new couches? What prompted the project?

Tiffany said...

I stand with Jessica, but not too close:). You have to take it out anyway to put in the flooring so it would just be more work to put it back in. Plus, what could go there instead will most likely be more functional and perform the duty of decoration better.

Rachel said...

I agree with Jessica. You haven't used it and can't without getting gas hooked up again, so why not just get rid of it, especially since you have the wood burning stove downstairs. Linden states that he agrees with Tom. When asked why, "I just agree with Tom." Good luck with the project.

Ang said...

I am all about recycling, so maybe you could use it as a fire pit/ oven in the backyard somewhere. I wouldn't hook it up to the house by any means but it still can be functional somewhere else. I also have to laugh about Linden's response... Really?!?!

Rivka said...

Yuck. Kick it to the curb!

Anonymous said...

wow.....poor Tom. I find it sad when the strongest attachment is to the ugliest thing. Maybe some counseling would help....I could hook him up!! hee hee

Kate Larsen said...

I don't know if the rebuttal has been made and even if it has, I'm on your side. Ditch the stove. :)

...for all eternity said...

You had me and #1 and all the rest just supported it!! IT SHOULD GO! :)