Thursday, August 23, 2012

Karma and Ammon Pancakes

Three years of diapers with Ryan and I was never once hit with a stream.  After the first year I was quietly boastful, the second year I was afraid to say anything out loud in fear of ruining my 24 month record.  By the time he was potty trained I decided it was safe to broadcast my success.  Naturally I was full of pride about this triumph.
I now think that I boasted too soon.  Two months with Austin and I have been hit 3 times, Grandma twice, the wall thrice, and then there was the unfortunate incident when he got himself in the eye! (Ryan thought that was the funniest thing ever and has wanted Austin to do it again ever since.)  Not only am I puked on on a daily basis but there is always that risk of the other end.  Maybe I started out too confident in my own abilities, who knows.  Just a bit of karma coming my way.    

One of Whit's favorite things for breakfast is German Pancakes.  Ryan is okay with them but apparently he prefers regular ones.  On Tuesday we had German Pancakes for breakfast.  The following day I asked Ryan what he wanted for breakfast.  He responded "Ammon Pancakes".  
Looking for a bit of clarification I asked, "what are those."
He explained thus: "You know yesterday when we had German Pancakes, I don't want those, I just want plain pancakes.  Like the ones we make here."
I made him regular pancakes for breakfast, but I think from now on I am going to call them Ammon pancakes!

1 comment:

GrandMOM said...

You were just "LUCKY" with Ryan.
PURE LUCK i say! It looks like Austin is making up for his BIG brother!!!
Are you packing extra clothes yet? He is Tom's son, you know!

Hey Ryan, can I come over for Ammon Pancakes?!?
Too Funny!
Love both these boys!!
GrandMOM