This was my first clue that she was not 100% awake. Followed by:
Whitney: There are statues.
Me: What kind of statues?
Whitney (in an exasperated tone): The statue of liberty!
At this point I let her sleep a few more minutes before trying again. She is such a funny kid. She says the funniest things when she is not quite awake. Tuesday night she spent the night at grandma's house. At 3:00am she woke up and called out for grandma. Grandma asked what she needed and she said "I just needed to spend the night at your house". Apparently she wanted to make sure that 1. she wasn't dreaming and 2. I hadn't taken her home after she fell asleep.
I finally found a performing arts school for her to attend. She has gone three times now and loves it. Yesterday after her class she was teaching me the actions to her song. She is the baby in the class, at least I assume so because she is not quite four and the teacher normally won't take kids until they turn four. She told me she would take Whitney because she would be four by concert time and I insisted she would be good. I'm sure I'm not the only parent who has said this, but I knew this was Whitney's cup of tea and she would definitely have fun and be good for her teacher. It is safe to say that I was right the teacher asked me last time if Whitney had ever done dancing and singing before because she is so smart and picks up on things so quickly. Other than singing a long to her CATS movie and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat, no. This is something she just likes to do and is good at. I can't wait until concert time.
Ryan started solid foods this week. He has taken to them very well. Every time I give him something new he attacks the spoon as if it could be the last bite I give him. I take that back he was not excited about the carrots. That is the only thing he has spit out. I'm getting used to the idea of being the only one in the family that will eat cooked carrots. I will try again later, until he is big enough to refuse to eat them I'll keep putting them in his mouth!
1 comment:
I would eat cooked carrots with you if I were there, Jess. I'm glad you commented on my blog, I didn't know you had one and it's been nice to catch up with your family. Plus, I'm a blog addict...anything to feed the buzz.
Post a Comment