I remember as a kid how the snow drifts would get so huge and how we would try to build snow forts and tunnels (neither of which were structurally sound). This year it seems that we have finally returned to the Idaho I grew up in! It may be that we have always had this much snow and as I got taller the snow drifts got smaller or that I am now aware of them again because I now have someone who is fascinated by all the things you can build and make with snow (we have a whole backyard of the stuff). I was sure that the snow angels she makes with me would pale in comparison once Tom built her this snow cave complete with slide!! Luckily she still likes doing snow angels with me.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Snow Snow Snow
I remember as a kid how the snow drifts would get so huge and how we would try to build snow forts and tunnels (neither of which were structurally sound). This year it seems that we have finally returned to the Idaho I grew up in! It may be that we have always had this much snow and as I got taller the snow drifts got smaller or that I am now aware of them again because I now have someone who is fascinated by all the things you can build and make with snow (we have a whole backyard of the stuff). I was sure that the snow angels she makes with me would pale in comparison once Tom built her this snow cave complete with slide!! Luckily she still likes doing snow angels with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree. The snow drifts we had growing up were fantastic! I remember the ones at the church parking lot were the best. I remember building tunnels and forts with you there. I do agree that this year we are getting the snow fall that we used to. I think I'm going to go burro my own tunnel in the back yard even though I don't have kids.
Looks like fun! I do remeber making forts in the front yard where the bushes use to be along the driveway (the snow was the highest there). Good times! You should send photos to Al Gore and tell him Global warming shnoble warming!
Oh man, Tiff's comment just reminded me of the mutual activities where we'd divide into groups and carve (very poor) renditions of the IF temple out of the snow piles in the church parking lot! Hilarious...I wish I had pictures of that!
Post a Comment