Tuesday, March 18, 2008

At grandma's house there is a little brown wooden stool that Whitney uses for a variety of things. Yesterday it was missing, and we searched everywhere for the stool because apparently she can't wash her hands without her royal step. When it received such an honor I know not, but it seems impossible to do things with out it. She carries it from upstairs to down stairs and back. Other stools just aren't good enough.

To our great excitement Whitney now has 12 freckles. We counted them this morning after her bath. I saw two new ones on her leg and after further inspection she has a few extras on her arms and one on the back of her neck. She is excited about the new additions. I remember when Adee and I were little we used to play connect the dots and we would tickle each others leg or arm by tracing the freckles. This had to have been her idea because I traced forever and she was done in no time

Ryan is seven months old now. I can't believe how big he has gotten. Okay, big for him. I think I can say it is official that he is sleeping through the night. It has now been two weeks. I was afraid to admit it before because I did not want to jinx the cycle. The first week was rough on me, my body wasn't use to getting that much sleep and I was still up for a few hours each night. But I am happy to report that I can sleep 8 hours in a row again! He has started doing the funniest fake cry. He looks at me and cries but the entire time he is smiling. He does this until I pick him up. It is pretty funny.

We are currently remodeling our kitchen. No pictures yet, but I will post some as soon as it is finished. I must say I will be very happy with a dishwasher. It has been a rough two years without. Okay, it hasn't been that bad, but it will be nice to have a kitchen that looks clean. Up to this point I have either had clean dishes or dirty dishes on the counter, very seldom was my counter dish free. And when it was I always seemed to have an inkling to cook. So when it did happen it was not for very long. Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had to do dishes by hand!

3 comments:

carol said...

Jessica! It was so good to hear from you! Your kids are darling. I love the cWhitney (it might have been a couple of posts ago) and her Whitneyisms AND her fun new freckles!
Ryan is such a handsome little man. it was so fun to see your blog and peek in on your cute family!

The Croft's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Croft's said...

She's gorgeous!