It is now 90% complete. You can see by the pictures that there are still some things left to do, but it is completely functional at this point. I love how everything turned out. It was just what I wanted. Tom did such a fantastic job. The only thing I can say I contributed to was the paint on the wall. Everything else was Tom and team. Thanks to everyone that helped out on this project.Note: I have no idea how this became a link to a picture. But I couldn't figure out how to change it and I didn't want to retype!

We added these to the other side of the wall for additional space. I lost all of my drawers and a large base cupboard to make room for the dishwasher. It looks great and I don't feel like we sacrificed any room. I had a small table there before holding the microwave which is now above the stove. This is also a great feature. I kept having visions of Barbie's head getting blown up in the microwave. I had to get it out of reach from little fingers.

There it is in all its glory, the dishwasher. It is such a wonderful feeling to have a clean kitchen. Before the dishwasher there were dirty dishes on the right side of the sink and clean ones on the left. They were always rotating, but seldom was the counter ever free of dishes. When I took this picture all my dirty dishes were in there just waiting to be washed. Out of the way and the kitchen looks clean!! I am pretty sure I hear angels sing while I am sleeping and my dishes are getting washed.

This is a great feature. The roll out shelves. It is a great way to organize tupperware lids. I could never find them before but now, I just roll out the second shelf. I really love this cupboard. All bowls and storage containers were located in the cupboard of the deep. I would literally be on my hands and knees with the flashlight trying to find what I needed clear in the back. Not so anymore!!

What can we say about the roll out pantry. It rocks! Look at all those spices and easily seen and accessible from both sides.

And last but not least, we changed the window for a sliding door. We had discussed this before but were not sure we were going to do it right away, but then decided that while everything was torn apart would probably be the best time to get it done. I am glad we did. It has opened the room up so much and lets in so much light. Currently it is a BIG step down. Our old deck does not quite reach the opening. It has been nice outside the last few days and I have been impressed with Whitney's ability to climb in and out. We both love being able to have quick access to the inside and not have to run through the garage.
Je t'aime new kitchen. Je t'aime
5 comments:
Jess-
Your kitchen looks fabulous. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to have a nice kitchen how I want it...Heck! I can't wait to have a house! But I agree about the dishwasher. I know my life will be happier when I have one. :)
WOW! Great work on the kitchen Tom & Jess. I love the color of the cabinets. The entire color scheme is spectacular. Enjoy cooking! Ryan is sure getting big and I love him grabbing at his new shoes. Thanks for sharing. Alisha
Love the kitch! And the hanging pots/shelf is a really great idea. And the dishwasher!....way excited for you! I know we'd be eating more on paper if we didn't have one.
Wow. I love love love your kitchen. i love the dark wood with the wall color. This just looks awesome, and that roll out pantry drawer thing? Yeah, that's cool.
Nice work guys!
Post a Comment