Saturday, June 14, 2008
Mystery Solved
Well, Tom's mom called today with the history of Rapunzel's castle. It was apparently a sleep station for the railroad engineers. Two or three of them could sleep in there at one time. Seriously crowded little space. Apparently the engineers would stay there so if they had to change in the middle of the night they would be right there. Tom's great uncle happened to be an engineer and stayed in this tiny castle. When we were there the other day I was not going to look through the old broken glass window for fear of what I might actually see. Half of me was sure that something creepy would pop its head up. Now I am a little curious if there is a bunk bed in there or what remains. Well, the mystery has been solved but I think I'll still tell my kids it is Rapunzel's castle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have wondered what that was for for my entire life! I always guessed it was a really fancy lawnmower shed. Throughout my tween years I dreamed of working for IF Lawn crew because it seemed so romantic to get a riding mower out of there and mow till my heart sang while cute boys drove past and professed their undying love by the lawnmower castle. Then I realized, mowing the lawn... ain't that fun. Dream over. But a train engineer...now that's romantic! :)
Post a Comment