It being November and all I thought I would list some of the things I am thankful for. So today I am thankful for my face. Now before you think I am getting all conceited let me relay the story and I promise you would be thankful for your face too. Yesterday morning before Angela left she added some logs to the burning coals form the night fire. She told me about it and then left. I was in the kitchen when I noticed a ton of smoke outside. I figured that the coals were just hot enough to smoke but had not ignited the new logs. I went downstairs to open the stove and get the fire going. As I did this the air I let into the stove ignited a piece of cardboard that was there and flames shot out of the stove at my face. I immediately slammed the door shut. It only took a moment for the smell of burned hair to register. My face didn't hurt so I knew I hadn't been burned but my hair was obviously not going to be the same. I prepared myself for the worst possible outcome as I headed into the bathroom. I was expecting my eyebrows and eyelashes to be gone and the hair around my face to be singed to the scalp. Luckily my eyebrows were still there unscathed and only the far right eyelashes on my right eye were singed. My hair around the right side of my face was singed pretty badly but thanks to a little pomade you can't notice.
So there it is, I am thankful for my face and I don't feel stuck up at all! And by the way it did fix the fire. It was burning not smoldering after that!
3 comments:
Jared recently singed his face. I went outside to talk to him and noticed his face looked kind of funny. As we were talking, He eventually asked why I was pulling "mugs" at him and I said, "What's wrong with your face"? I got closer at that point and discovered his lashes, brows, 'bangs', and goatee all had been singed. Apparently he needed "heat" to do something on one of the trucks and it backfired on him. I'm thankful for faces too. Even if it's not mine!
I am thankful for my face too after my motorcycle accident and going face first into a tree my face could be ALOT worse of then it is and after a great plastic surgen fixed my eye you cant even tell that i was in an acciedent unless you look really close!!! I also am thankful for my face!!
I am grateful for your face too. WOW! I'm glad everything is alright. Scary!
Post a Comment