Don't be fooled by his innocent look, he is actually a monster in disguise. I am not sure if I have written about the differences between boys and girls before but they are huge!! He thinks up things that Whitney never in her wildest dreams would have thought of doing. He has discovered that he can open the turntable door and the roll out pantry in the kitchen and unload, relocate, throw away, and hide items (I am still missing some of my spices). He has taken it upon himself to unload bookshelves within reach, pull Whitney's crayon bucket off of the top shelf, and climb on every object that seems stable enough to try. The little white things that cover the bolts on the toilet, they fit so easily in his tiny little hand and the plunger dragging behind him with the other! I caught him playing in the soot in the fireplace. He actually got the door open all by himself!! Whitney used the handle as a microphone, I don't think she even knew it was a door that could open. He dragged Whitney's pink folding chair out of her room and placed it in front of the fridge, climbed up and then proceeded to push on the water dispenser button. Yes, it was a serious reach because he is short and it wasn't a big chair, but my oh my did he make a big mess. This reaching thing has created a whole new world for him. You can't seem to block this kid anymore. He is strong and will try and try until he has moved the heavy object you have put in the way and if he can't reach he will find something he can stand on to get him just a little bit further. My floor has been swept twice today and I don't think you could even tell. All this (with the exception of the fireplace incident which happened at my mom's) and more all within a 1 hour period!!
When he is not making messes he is bugging Whitney. He has figured out how to push her buttons and bugs her on purpose. I am sure that he knows that his chances of getting what he wants and or not getting in trouble are greatly increased if :
1. I am not in the room with them and
2. He starts to cry first.
Hate to break it to you pal but I invented the whole cry first so you don't get in trouble scheme. I remember being consciously aware of the fact that if I cried first even if I started it Adrienne would get in trouble not me. I can remember specific incidents at age 4, so I give you kudos for figuring it out at one but that still doesn't mean I will fall for it, at least not every time.
But a day like today could not be finished without talking to your accomplice. I was helping Whitney in the kitchen and I heard the sound of the telephone buttons being pushed and him saying "hi". I can only imagine that he was checking in with the devil because the number he dialed (and I am not making this up just for a story he really did dial it all by himself) was 666. I am sure he was plotting for tomorrow!!
3 comments:
If it weren't for the picture, I'd totally think you were talking about Dylan! And the dialing the phone....yea...Dylan likes the number 6 too! Perhaps they were calling each other to get some more ideas.
how else is he going to get daily ideas if he doesn't contact his leader ;)
hahahaha! i am laughing so hard right now. checking in with the devil. awesome. I love this post!
Post a Comment