Thursday, January 29, 2009

I have never been one for mush and don't typically declare my love for my husband verbally or in print to everyone else. However, I wanted to stray from my normal blogging topics and talk about Tom.

In March of last year Tom installed a new kitchen. For this project he needed to use the garage as a work place. I gladly parked outside knowing that the end result would bring me a dishwasher. (Even as I type the noise it is making is music to my ears. The wonderful sound of me not working!) Since the completion of the project however, I have continued to park outside. I have requested many times now that he clean the garage so I can park in it again. I would do it myself but I would get in trouble for touching his stuff, so I just leave it all there. Speaking of garages that need to be cleaned out (I promise these thoughts are connected) my parents have a 3 car garage that they put two cars in and the other side has been reserved for all the stuff that didn't need to be put away immediately. Today we went to visit my Grandma and Tom went outside and organized the items in the garage so my Grandma could park inside instead of parking outside in the snow. I could be bitter that my car remains in the driveway, but instead I love him for being concerned about her and taking the time to do what no one else has wanted (or had the time) to tackle. Besides if I fall I'll just end up with a big fat bruise in my pride, if Grandma falls it would be a bit more of a problem.

So Tom, one of the things I love most about you is your ability to see a need and actually do something about it! I love you. That being said, I still want to park in our garage!

5 comments:

carol said...

What a good guy. And I would take a dishwasher over parking in the garage anyday.

Rivka said...

You're a good woman. Burke's mom has parked in the driveway her entire marriage so his dad can have his motorcycle fixin'-wood workin'- metal shop in their two car garage. She's also a good woman.

When Burke and I got married I told him in no uncertain terms that I would ALWAYS have a spot in the garage for my car. Whatever he chooses to do with his side. I'm not such a good woman. But I do have a car in my garage.

Carolyn said...

jess I remember i time when You would kiss Tom in front of Me an Tiff..... and it wasn't no Peck kiss it was a "need a room" kiss;)

Jessica and Tom said...

I only said I didn't declare it by spoken or written word. I never said I didn't display it!

Audrey said...

I love him too...

Tom...after you're done w your own garage, could you be so kind as to "help" me w mine? Thanks, I knew you'd say yes!

:o)