Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy April 15th !!

April 15th means something different for everyone. If you are Tom you are glad because it is opening day for the spring hunt. But for most people it is celebrated as the end of tax season. I think there is no one out there that is happier for April 15th than Mr. Liberty. Yes I said Mr.! Since January we have seen Mr. Liberty walking up and down 17th street wearing a lovely lady liberty smock with a matching hat. He is a man of average stature with a thick black beard. I have chuckled to myself each time I have driven by these last 3 1/2 months and often pondered on what he was thinking. My best guess would be "Curse you taxact.com!" . And though I praise tax act for their easy filing system I don't begrudge this accountant his feelings. I wouldn't want to be peddling for clients in a lady liberty outfit either. (Though I would at least make it look good.) So here's to you Mr. Liberty and your last day of having to wear that ridiculous outfit.

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Happy Tax Day indeed. I think it is a little boring or anti-climactic that our return is automatically deposited in our bank account. I guess it is better off that way though, because if I had a check in my hands I would be much more likely to spend it.

...for all eternity said...

We have that same guy here too but he's a middle aged fat white guy that wears sunglasses along with his crown in the freezing cold. You can't help but wave back out of sheer pity!

Carolyn said...

you all be glad you don't owe money!!!!!!! ;)

kasondra said...

lol that is so funny.... whener i pass those poeple i get this evil look in my eye and wonder if i could splash water on them with the gutter water... im glad you have a more christlike outlook on life and those that share this earth with you!!

carol said...

HA! It's the accountant out there? I always thought it had to be some guy that was one paycheck away from a cardboard sign in the Albertson's parking lot. Wow. Good for him. Good. For. Him.