Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hogle Zoo

While in Utah we went to the Hogle Zoo to see the animals that we don't have. Mainly elephants and giraffes. We all had a good time. Whitney's favorite animal was the llama (don't know why) and Tom's was the mountain lion. For the sole fact that he liked watching the lion stalk our children! When we first walked up to the lion's cage he was resting on a rock. When Tom put Ryan down, he immediately got up and started following him around. Tom got a big kick out of this so he picked Ryan up again. The lion lost interest until Tom put Ryan back on the ground again. You can see in the picture the lion standing up to get a good look at Ryan. You can also see Whitney turned to the lion with her map. She was asking him directions. I told her that the lion didn't want to help her, he wanted to eat her. Oh! Thus the next picture with her silly grin.
The zoo is always a great place. No where else do you pay to be inundated with smells and sights that should not be experienced by humans.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

whoa! I'd be questioning the durability of that chainlink fence with a man-eating animal on one side and my child on the other.

Although, that lion has the right idea...I could just eat Ryan right up. What a cutie.

Whitney, I really LOVE you!

GrandMOM said...

Whitney, you always have had a way with lions, I still remember you when you were Ryan's age, in a stroller at the Zoo in IF. We were there as was a school class of lots of children all looking at the lions. When you saw them - you stood up and roared so loud - you startled everybody and all the lions stood up and turned to look at YOU! I love you and your ways.
Ryan you are certainly an attention getter. I love you Ryan the Lion!
Next time, I want to come too, not to see the animals but to observe you two cuties.
Love GrandMOM