What she said: "Mom, I have a secret for you, but don't tell Ryan. I threw away his binki!!"
What I heard: "Mom, Ryan no longer has a binki available, I threw it in the garbage where you have thrown dirty diapers and moldy food from the fridge. It is not retrievable! I have just sentenced you to a month of absolute terror. (insert evil laugh here)!!"
This was our last binki!! We have now gone through one bed time and one naptime sans binki. We had to go for a ride in the car for each. That in itself is a bad habit but he doesn't know how to relax without it yet. Cold turkey is probably the best way to go, but I don't think I was ready to deal with it yet. I still have memories of Whitney having binki withdrawl sympotms including but not limited to: headaches, depression, over exhaustion. It lasted about a month. Withdrawl symptoms for caffeine last 2 to 9 days and for heroin 7 to 14 days. This leads me to believe that the binki is quite possibly a worse addiction. We will see how long it takes Ryan to recover.
3 comments:
I wonder if this is just the beginning of MANY things to come where she's just going to throw you into the middle of things.
What fun!!! Luckily we never had to deal with binki withdrawal syptoms. We just had boys that wouldn't take one which has its really good points, and also its not so good points.
Rachel, Linden, Anton and Zackary
so korlen for the life of me will not take a binki... he had to have it till he was about two months old and then one day he was done... oh how many times have i wished he would take it though like when hes screaming in the long car rides or fussy in church but nope.. how dare i even attempt. i guess good and bad either way.. maybe he'll do the same someday with the boobie! lets hope!
Post a Comment