Or just plain laziness. Whitney hates cleaning her room. She will try everything to get out of cleaning. Last week our conversations all day went like this:
Whitney: Mom, I want to play with a friend.
Me: Your room has to be clean first.
Whitney: Just kidding, I tricked you I don't want to play with a friend.
5 minutes later
Whitney: I want to play with a friend
Me: Your room has to be clean first
Whitney: Tricked ya, I just want to play with Ryan.
Me: You still have to clean your room
1 minute later
Whitney: Mom, I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to clean my room for me so can I play?
Me: Sometimes He says no and I think this is probably one of those times, go clean you room!
5 comments:
Oh the faith of a child! I love this. Whit, you are so clever!
Yeah, that never worked for me either. Neither did praying for that chocolate to be calorie free. Bummer.
oh my good gravy!! lol what a story !! i hatesd when i got old enough to realize god doesnt really work like that.. saddly it was just last week... you'll have to bring up later when she's older and make fun of her.. or remind her when she has one of her own lol....
HA! I go the rounds with Lindy and her room too. I'll have to suggest a prayer, maybe it will help. And where have I been? You have tons of posts I haven't seen! Happy Birthday to Ryan!
That girl has got some GOOD ideas!
Post a Comment