For her birthday this year she wanted a new bedroom. She wanted it yellow with butterflies and she wanted a bed canopy. With those requirements in mind we ended up with a fantastic room. We call it her Fancy Nancy room. It was a lot of work but it turned out great. It is currently my favorite room in the house.
Here is what it looked like before.



I started working on this on Monday and we finished on Saturday. Here are the after pictures. Brace yourselves because these are amazing. After all of the hard work her reaction made it worth it!!



A big thanks to Mom!! She helped me not freak out on day 4 when the color on the wall was not right and the stripes were screwed up. Not to mention all the sewing was her doing. Thanks Tiff for your genius plan to hang the butterflies and of course to Tom for dealing with the rest of the house being a disaster while I focused on this project.


Happy Birthday Whit!! This post is already super long with pictures so check out Carolyn's post of the party and cake! Thanks Care.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday
Ouha super sa chambre
bisous de la Suisse
Anne
La maman de jean
The bedroom looks great. I am going to have to remember this when Linden and I finally get into a house and call upon your great skills!!! It is hard to believe that she is already six. How time flies.
Happy Birthday to Whitney! And props to you. Her bedroom is awesome! It should be in a magazine, I love it!
The room is beautiful! What a lucky six year old! It looks great, Jess.
Wow! It does look fantastic! SOOOO pretty! And it looks even better when Whit is in it. C.U.T.E.!
Lucky Girl Whitney!
I LOVE IT! I love how you did it and I love the color, Your room looks like sunshine! The quilt is beautiful - great job, Joyce! The furniture is very nice! Lucky find.
Happy Birthday to you, my big, 6 year old, lovely Whitney.
Can't wait to see it in person!
Love to you, Lewis GrandMOM
Wow Jess.
I want to redo Genevieve's room and stripes keep coming to mind. You pulled them off wonderfully.
Also, Happy Belated Birthday to Whitney. How is it that my nieces and nephews are getting so old! That means we are too!!!
Post a Comment