Monday, April 7, 2008

Odd's Fish, Kitchen Update, and Happy Conference Day

So my new favorite website is librivox.org. You can download (for free) a very large selection of books on audio. I have listened to The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Elusive Pimpernel, and El Dorado. Sink me, I love this website. On my list is Jane Eyre, War and Peace, the works of Jane Austen and a few more. I am open for any suggestions if anyone has any. The best part about this website is that I don't have to feel like I am waisting time. Previously I have read in the middle of the night so the only thing I was missing out on was my sleep. Now I no longer have to choose between cleaning the bathroom and reading a good book and I can still get some sleep. I highly recommend it to everyone. Too bad I didn't know about this site during college, that surely would have been helpful.

Our kitchen is still in the remodel phase. Our counter tops will be in tomorrow so I should have a fully functional kitchen again by Wednesday. At least I hope so, I will be very happy to get all of this stuff out of my living room!! At least the fridge is back in place. This is exciting for two reasons:

1. It was huge and made my living room seem very small and my mess was strewn about the house because the fridge was taking up so much room.

2. Although I do not have a kitchen sink, I have water from the fridge. There is just something about drinking bathroom water. I try to avoid it at all costs. I know it all comes from the same place but I swear it tastes different.

Whitney has been staying at Grandma's for the last week. Kenna is here visiting and she doesn't think she can come home. I can't say I blame her, if there were prices under my pillow every morning I would want to be there too. I convinced them to come play in our back yard but it was only for a few hours before they decided they needed to be back at Grandma's house.

On Saturday Whitney woke up and was telling everyone "Happy Conference Day". She repeated this sentiment on Sunday as well. To her this is a holiday. This gathering is best compared to a super bowel party. Everyone gets together at Grandma's house, we eat a lot of good food, and Grandma buys new markers and coloring books and a whole slew of "quiet" toys. She paid as much attention as a 4 year old will do, but it was cute that anytime she heard someone say "Thomas S. Monson" she would say, "That's our new prophet". I can't say which of the speakers was my favorite, but I can definitely say that I was spiritually uplifted and inspired to be better.

2 comments:

carol said...

OH! I am so excited to look at that website, thank you for sharing!! I got told in my new ward that I'm not literary enough...so now I can read without reading, it's the best of both worlds! And hurray for fridge water, I'm with you on the bathroom stuff, somethin' ain't right with it.

Nield Fam said...

Jess-

You were having quite the party at your house today, when I drove by to take Bryttyn and Hailey Cushing to Gymnastics. I was goign to stop by and request a sneak peak at the remodel, but quickly changed my mind, when I saw how popular you are. Hope things are going well. YOu guys are adorable.