Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mowing baby and a new trampoline

Ryan loves to be with his dad. Whitney and I had left yesterday and when we came back he was in the garage with Tom. Ryan was sitting in his stroller and Tom was building planter boxes for our garden. I picked him up to take him inside with me and you would have thought I had pulled his arms off. I put him back in his observation seat and immediately he stopped crying. When Tom is doing something Ryan has to do it too. Tom mowed most of the backyard holding the little buddy. I tried to take over so Tom could play with him but he wanted to mow the lawn with Dad. I was impressed how fast Tom could go even while holding him. This is no small task I have tried it before when Tom was gone and I gave up and waited until Ryan took a nap! So I'll admit that I am a pansy and it is a good thing I have Tom.


Other exciting backyard news:

Two weeks ago Whitney said to me that we needed a trampoline in our back yard. I agreed with her but told her she would probably have to wait. Little did I know that she would only have to wait 24 hours. Aunt Karen called the next day and asked if we wanted to take their tramp off of their hands. You bet. I have never been opposed to hand me downs and we were definitely not opposed to them now. Tom set it up that night but Whit had already fallen asleep. She was so excited the next morning it was like getting it all over again.

The first few days we had the tramp it was still a bit hot so once it was out of the shade Whitney asked if I would move it back into the shade for her. I will admit that I did it once but then realized as she asked a second time that I would be hauling it around the yard every day until winter and that was just not acceptable. I told her to play underneath it until it was cool enough to jump in the sun. Luckily that did the trick and she has not asked me to move it since. (Of course it is now cool enough to jump in the sun all day!) Thanks Karen and Sarah for making Whitney's day!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

It's SOOO hard to mow with a child in your arms, so if you're a pansy, then I am to. I've even tried using a hiking backpack and that doesn't make it any easier. Perhaps it's time to take a trip to wall-mart and get a $5.00 push mower. (they might even be on sale now with summer ending.) I'd love to see that picture. Tom pushing his, and then Ryan trailing behind.

GrandMOM said...

I think that Tom needs a "wrap"! What do you think Aud and Lish? I think that you are going to have a fun yard to visit and have get togethers in. Let us know and we will be over.

What an exciting surprise to wake up to, right Whitney? Has Mom or Dad taught you some jumping tricks? Games? Maybe I'll be by to see you jump?!

Boys will be boys whether they are big or little and they instinctively know what their toys are ... noisy, have engines and either oil, grease or gas are involved. Maybe there are pheromones in these liquids that attract guys!

Love you all!!!! Lewis Grandma

carol said...

Ryan is such a boy! And kudos to Tom for mowing with him...that is TOUGH. And I love your trampoline. We might have to come visit and jump since ours met an untimely end.