Friday, March 20, 2009

3 AM

So I have been awake since 3 this morning. I have had a head cold the last few days and I can't breath when I lay down therefore I can't sleep. It is rotten but I am sure it will be over soon. It makes me extra thankful that I am a healthy person with very minor problems. I could be like the guy I saw yesterday, he was missing his left leg from the shin down. That would be a permanent problem, this is only temporary.

We are all excited for spring. Yesterday we had a beautiful day, 54 degrees and no wind. It was a good combination. We went to the park and made a serious break through with Ryan. He has been afraid of the tubes that connect the play area and won't go through them unless I carry him or push him. (Usually push because only people his size can stand in there!) Yesterday on the second time through he went all by himself. I of course was standing on the outside looking through the holes and prompting him forward. He was so funny taking tiny steps. His steps aren't very big to begin with so it was cute to see him be so cautious. Whitney had the chance to go with her friend to the river to feed the ducks. She said there were even babies there! Thank goodness for friends so sleeping babies can continue to sleep and not so sleepy 5 year-olds can not go nuts!! We are all hoping for more spring weather but this is Idaho so our hopes are not too high.

Tom brought these home for me last week and we have been enjoying their colors ever since. They made me excited to start planning our spring and summer projects. We have some great plans for our yard this year. We, I mean Tom, is building a deck in our backyard. This will be a big bonus because when he put the sliding door in the kitchen there has remained a 3 foot drop. Ryan only fell out once, but it was enough for me to feel terrible and for Whit to get in trouble for not shutting the door. With the new deck I decided I needed new patio furniture, well at least an update to the hand me downs we received from Tom's grandparents. I am repainting the furniture and getting new cushions. I will post before and after pictures when I get around to getting this done. I also have great plans for my front yard. Adding more grass because I killed the roses that were in that section anyway so we might as well add grass that I can surely keep alive. Don't fret, I still have a large flower garden in the front, just less to weed now and plans to put in climate approriate flowers! (I only take partial responsibility for their death!) Last fall I tore out the iris that was infront of my mailbox and I plan to put purple coneflowers and another purple climbing plant that I can't recall the name of this early in the morning. Trust me though it will look very beautiful and will add a good variety of color to my garden. The rest of my plans are still not concrete yet but I plan to make a lot of progress in my yard this year.

By the way, happy birthday Tiff!! I want you to know I was the first to think of you but decided to not call you at 3 this morning!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

When someone else gets excited about flowers and spring and the time spent outdoors, I get SO excited. Crocus and daffodils are alreaady showing their beautiful "faces" around here.

Your choice in coneflowers is excellent. They make super cute mini boquets tied w teeny ribbons. And especially sitting on your future "new" patio table.

Congrats to Ryan for braving the dreaded tunnel. It's always fun to see them grow and conquer the different stages of life. Some easier to let go than others.

Btw..I'm coming up in two weeks w ALL the kids... we'd love to see you all.

...for all eternity said...

Wow, you really come up with great plans at 3 AM (and I means plans for Tom!) Pictures please!
Love the heart hair do. How did you make it pink?
I can just picture Ryan inching his way through and you pushing in those tubes!