Whitney's preschool teachers told me that she was reading earlier in the year but I could not get her to read me a book. She would read a few words but get tired and ask me to read the rest. So you can imagine my surprise when we were at the book store and she picked up this book and read it to me. She had a little bit of trouble with a few of the words (watch and wipeout) but she did the rest of it by herself! I had her read it to Angela and she told me she had it memorized. Not so, she only has the words she struggled with memorized because I have never read her this book!! I told her preschool teachers about it the next day and they told me she was a super reader. Good job Whitney I am proud of you!
I remember the first 2 books I ever read, The Cookie House and The Three Billy Goats Gruff. I don't remember which was first because Mom bought them for me at the same time. What was your first book?
4 comments:
WOW! WHITNEY - YOU ARE AWESOME!
When you would like, you could call me and read me a story over the phone. I would love that!
And then I could read you a story over the phone back to you!
I am proud of you, too!
Love,
your Lewis Grandma
That's really good! I don't remember my first book. I HATED reading!!!! I do remember reading Dick and Jane books in Kindergarten and 1st grade.
Way to go Whitney. It is very exciting to see kids read.
Really, do you think I can remember the first book I ever read?
to be honest i still havent finished a book so i dont think any of mine count.. lets just be glad i can read at all!!
Post a Comment