Monday, June 1, 2009

Camping



We went camping last week. Before any of you (and when I say any of you I mean Tom's brainwashed siblings that like camping) get any crazy ideas it was for only one night, and our friends who have a trailer invited us to go with them. Whitney had an absolute blast. She loves camping and can't wait to go again! Ryan had an okay time, but he preferred playing on the bed in the camper. This could be due to the fact that every time he went outside he got hurt. He was curious and touched a hot coal then was not happy with me when I held his hand in the freezing cold stream for a few minutes. I think he cried more from the cold then the initial shock of the burn. He can thank me later because he only had a small blister and it didn't even show until the next day. Ryan did find joy in throwing rocks in the stream. The bigger the splash the better. This makes the 4th time in the last 8 years that I have joined Tom camping. I don't see this number jumping up very quickly in the future.

6 comments:

Alisha said...

You should re-name this post "Pretend Camping" because trailer camping isn't camping.

Eric is supposed to take Evie on a daddy-daughter campout this weekend. We'll see how it goes. We haven't been since she was 3 months old.

Jessica and Tom said...

I was in the wilderness and not in a hotel with at least 3 stars. I had to pack all my food and prepare it in the dirt. That makes it camping in my book.

Audrey said...

Brainwashed or not. ;o) LOVE the banner picture. Better yet, LOVE the kids that are in it!

(totally agree with Alisha. Trailer camping in not camping. See my earlier post on this very subject.)

http://jarednaudrey.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-ever-happened-to.html

Brad, Adrienne, McKenna, Bryn, and Lauren said...

Kenna wants to go camping. All I can think is "ugh camping!" We have only been once in our lives and that was when Kenna was 18 months.

Carolyn said...

I hate agree with adee UGH camping! The only time I have gone willingly was in girls camp. I hated then. and i Still hate it now! Pop a squat is no fun! I agree with Jess to anything less then 3 stars in roughing it. It' alot more work. Pack the food. Make the food. Clean up after the food. then when you get home You have a ton of laundry todo Ugh. just thinking of it makes me sigh.

Jessica and Tom said...

Thanks for the support Adee and Care! If you send Kenna home with Gma Murray she can go with Tom and Whitney when the go climb rocks!