Monday, October 5, 2009

I grew some
peppers this
year. I had a
variety of four:
Bell Pepper
(assorted color),
Jalapeño, Banana
Supreme
(sorry no pics)
and Long Red Slim.
These did really
well in hanging
pots around my
deck.









The
interesting part
came about with
having these
plants close to
each other. So
this is what you
get with a green
plant next to a
red producing
plant and a
purple producing
plant.
















I love the red Jalapeño peppers, especially since most of them turned red after I brought the plant in to the garage. Now if only my tomatoes did this well. The salsa that I have made with them has also turned out very well.
Tom

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I had the same thing happen with some of my flowers. In the same pot I put a white plant and a red plant. Over the summer, I started getting pink.

Love all the different peppers! And I'd love to see some of that salsa!

GrandMOM said...

Tom,
Nice produce from your little gardening experiments. Such a nice variety. Good Job! Proud of you!
Love,
your MOM

Alisha said...

How did your tomatoes fair after growing upside down all summer?

We grew peppers also, but I didn't remember what kind until we tasted them. I must have a much more sensitive pallate to heat. Eric thought they were only bell, but they were definitely halapeno!