Every morning Whitney wakes up and asks two questions what day is it and what do we do on said day. For example we have school on Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday is Tavaci Tuesday, and Sunday is church day. This leaves us with three days that do not have a distinct purpose (at least for a 4 year old). So a few Thursday's ago she awoke and like normal asked what day it was. I happened to be all ready for the day and was wearing an orange shirt so I told her it was orange day. What do we do on orange day? I told her we wear orange and go and find things that are orange and take a picture. She was very excited. We decided that the zoo would be a good place to start. Whitney had a good time pointing out all the orange things. Her favorite orange thing was the tiger. My favorite orange thing was this bird's beak. I have no idea what type of bird it is, but I loved the contrast of the black feathers and the very orange beak. Orange day was a success! That evening I had the idea to incorporate our meals next time we pick a color theme. There are a lot of tasting orange things to eat. I'm sure I would have gotten cheers giving her cheeto's for a snack!
It has now been pink day almost every day since. (this is her most common wardrobe color.) We will declare it an official pink day soon I am sure.
5 comments:
I absolutely LOVE that idea. I'm always trying to find things to do with Eli when all the kids leave for school. I'm going to have to steal it from you. (If you don't mind!)
Oh. I must copy you on this clever clever idea. And I like that bird too even though it scares me a little.
Ryan's Face in that picture.. PRICE LESS!!!
Jess, and to think I'm the smart one. ;) You are such a good mom.
Kudos! Absolutely fabulous idea! Not to mention your kids look freaking adorable! Miss you tons wish we were closer!
Post a Comment