I don't remember who gave us these pajamas but they are super cute. He looks so cute in them, so whoever you are thank you!! They have become my favorite. I got the camera out just to take his picture because of the above mentioned cuteness. Tom was playing with him and he got a little sleepy. He kept taking "breaks". He would put his head down, sigh, then sniff his blanket. You can't blame him for getting exhausted so easily, when you are only 2 1/3 feet tall it is a lot of work to climb up something that his half your size lying down. (That was not a comment on Tom being big, it was a comment on Ryan's shortness). Unfortunately it didn't wear him out enough. He has taken to the habit of waking around 1am. I have two choices. I can sit with him in his room until he falls asleep or I can bring him into my room. If I choose the 1st he will wake up again about every hour afterward until I get sick of sitting on his floor and bring him into bed with us. If I choose the second he will sleep soundly (with a lot of rolling on our heads) until morning. I am not quite sure how to break this habit so if anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear them. He hogs my pillow and my poor neck has a kink in it every morning from being rolled on and from being pushed off my pillow.
On Friday my Mom and Dad watched my kids for me. When I got to their house to pick them up both were sound asleep. It was readily agreed that Whitney could spend the night but it took a little negotiating for them to allow Ryan to stay. I told them his routine and that he would be fine if they just put him in the middle. Lucky for me they agreed. It was a glorious night. I wish I could say that I slept soundly for the full night, but apparently my body is used to getting up multiple times in the middle of the night. However, I was able to fall back to sleep without a problem and I was not falling off of the bed. I woke the next morning all by myself without a sore neck! It was pure bliss. I must say I did not go get them immediately. I thoroughly enjoyed my morning all by myself. Thanks Mom and Dad for the only good nights sleep I have had in months!!
4 comments:
I struggle with the same dilema you do as far as sleeping/nonsleeping children. Eli, STILL comes in to bed with us at some point in the night and Dylan wakes up alot to. I've decided that I want to keep the amount of occupants in my bed to a minimum and so I have forced myself to rock Dylan back to sleep no matter how many times he may wake up. I figures...it's a small sacrifice to pay for the loss of sleep than to allow him in with us and have him still there 3 years later. (Like eli) Good luck!!!
ahh. i have no advice. i just let my kids cry themselves back to sleep because i am a jerk of a mom. If they don't stop after 15 minutes, i'll go in to see if they are physically in jeopardy, but otherwise, i am just mean (or desperate for sleep, I haven't nailed down which one yet).
I am most happy for your vacation night though. Maybe your parents will just keep your kids more often? That might solve the whole thing.
Kids learn how to work their parents while they're so young. We have nights where we have two kids in our bed and two kids on the floor. Your parents ROCK. I think Tom needs to take you on more over night get-aways.
Post a Comment